A Tourist Looks at a Map; A Pilgrim Finds Direction

Welcome to my personal travel blog chronicling my 3rd WYD pilrgimage to Madrid, Spain as a team leader for the Office of Catholic Youth -- Archdiocese of Toronto

Monday 15 August 2011

The Feast of the Assumption

Our time in Spain has had a very distinct reverence toward our Mother Mary. Our voices unite while singing the Salve Regina twice, maybe three times a day. Yesterday was our last day in Cintruenigo and we began with morning prayer and Adoration of the blessed Sacrament at 10am. The pilgrims also were offered the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation.

The silence and reverence in that tiny church that morning was beautiful, but it put a somber spell on my heart. All of us had connected deeply to the community in Cintruenigo and realized our time was limited.

Before we celebrated Noon Mass, the musicians performed special songs for us in the square outside the church. They sang Marian hymns and cultural hymns that made me wish I could sing along. Cintruenigo is full of Love!



After Mass each pilgrim was awarded a handkerchief with the town crest on it as to identify ourselves as honorary members of the town. We will never forget our time here.

Today we left early for Mass in Pamplona and the Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary continued to take over my heart. I was particularly in awe with the beauty and language in our Morning Prayer !

I rejoice heartily in the Lord, in my God is the joy of my soul; for he has clothed me with a robe of salvation, and wrapped me in a mantle of justice, like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem, like a bride bedecked with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

I have met many people that have touched my heart in profound ways and this morning it has been very apparent that Jesus walks with us. Every smile is the face of Christ; every hug is the arms of Christ; every song is the voice of Christ; every step is the feet of Christ.

Love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment