A Tourist Looks at a Map; A Pilgrim Finds Direction

Welcome to my personal travel blog chronicling my 3rd WYD pilrgimage to Madrid, Spain as a team leader for the Office of Catholic Youth -- Archdiocese of Toronto

Monday 29 August 2011

Attraversiamo... "Let's Cross Over"

It'll happen often, a time comes that we think "We will cross that bridge when we get to it" -- as a way of putting things off, or ignoring the tough circumstances that might await us. The imagery of the bridge being something narrow -- rickety -- made of wood and high above a rocky stone river -- the current taunting us below. Who would dare approach that?

But I find that in hindsight, when I look at all the 'obstacles' in my life that I have overcome with great dignity and confidence -- had I known that is what God had in store for me, I'd never want to even walk the path that got NEAR those 'bridges'. It makes me think that rather than crossing a bridge when we get to it, God builds me a bridge to overcome any obstacle that I face. The imagery of this bridge, rather than being made of wood -- is made of stone. Nothing can shake my confidence in the Lord when I trust in him, and lest he brings me to a challenging situation I know He can bring me through it -- he will build the bridge, set the path, pave the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment